Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Just because it's quiet here --

-- does not mean that hands have been idle at home!

There has been some watercolor action.  Lovely flowers for a lovely girl and her specialized wedding invitations!  A few touch ups and these babies will be done and I shall be left squinting at a computer screen to arrange and add text.  Mmm.  Time to hunt for the perfect fonts!


And there has been some sketching on the go -- this was done while watching a live underground wrestling show from the front row.  The geekness knows of no end!


 My first attempt at eyelet lace (in the blue) has been completed!  Well, mostly.  Save for weaving in the ends and adding some fringe to the bottom.  On to delish orange and a new pattern.  I think I'm in love with Brown Sheep yarn.  The colors are yum yum!


And last but not least ... Shenanigans have been had!  Shenanigans with children, no less.  Having a bad day?  Find yourself a little disguise kit and borrow a child.  Take a wander through a small local shop and prepare for giggles.  Lots of giggles.


Oh ... and a Happy Saint Patrick's Day to all of you out there!

4 comments:

  1. The lilies look lovely! I can't wait to see them up close. Great job with the scarf, the eyelet came out nice and the new one seems to be cruising along. Oh the fun of geekiness and sketching ;) Sketches came out good looks like the lovely imp is making a good come back! *laughs at the tike* Good show there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, Liz those lilies are so beautiful. I don't think I've ever seen you do much of that type of work. Also, that yarn looks like something you'd just want to smother yourself in. What fun to experiment that with lace pattern. See you in a few hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the painting. Love love love it. I cannot imagine how the bride would not like. I really like the orange yarn also. An you know I love your art work. Not just because I'm mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors of the knitting... sounds like the brown sheep yarn is a fun yarn for you... will have to check it out.. once a bit of my stash is down. Can't wait to see more of your art up and well... it is really cool to see the kiddos too.

    ReplyDelete