Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Inner Fan-Girl Released


 Today I got to meet Kim Harrison in person, one of my two favorite Urban Fantasy authors (the other being Jim Butcher).  I got to stand in a line with other fans and along side a good friend of mine who came along to keep my company.  I bounced and jittered with excitement, and with the help of the three prior cokes gulped down in the first half of the day.
 
I had planned to be poetic, expressing my love of Kim's books and how much they mean to me.  That something of this genre may be produced with a -very- good story line and (gasp!) character development!  That I related to the main character Rachael.  That I adore Jenks.  The moment I got my butt into that chair my mind went blank.  I became so shy and so nervous but at least I managed to stammer out a very quiet, 'I love your books.  I share them with as many people as I possibly can'.
  

I got my book signed and left floating on cloud nine.  Thank goodness I asked me friend along, else I might have walked right into a few book shelves on my way out the door!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Liz you are a trip! I know you must have been on cloud nine! Good pictures too!

    ReplyDelete