Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Late Night Crafting

For some reason, I seem to be at my best creatively leaning toward those later hours when most decent folk are in bed.  Lately I've been feeling very overwhelmed by just how cluttered my life is with stuff.  I've developed this theory that if I uncluttered my environment that it will help me to organize other aspects of my life.  Slowly I've been tossing things out, including those that just sit in boxes forgotten and unloved.  If they were special to me, I'd be proud to show them off.  Right?

I know I'm not the only woman out there that has boxes of tangled jewelry that I just refuse to get rid of but have not worn in the longest time and likely never will.  And I've been seeing these pictures in magazines and on etsy of these beautifully decorated frames displaying jewelry.  Well heck, I figured I could make one myself!  I have an old frame laying around unused.  Some fabric.  So guess what.  I made one!


All the pieces that I wear and love the most on display!  And now that I can see them, it will be a whole lot easier to coordinate them with my outfits and never again say, "Oh yeah!  I forgot that I owned this beauty!".

P.S.  Dear readers, that spiral necklace and earring set you see on that board?  I made.  The jewelry instructor at school attempted to steal me from the illustration department for herself.

P.P.S.  I am sorry for the huge gap in an update, for emails that should have been sent out but have not.  It has been a hugely busy month for me and June shall only be worse!  JAFAX is just around the corner and I have so much work to do for that!  I shall try to throw tidbits but I can not make a promise until July.  Well.  Maybe I can squeeze in a certain tee shirt design once completed. 

2 comments:

  1. The frame came out looking awesome! Great job! I really do think that the rose was a nicely added touch.

    ReplyDelete